Sunday, April 4, 2010

gluten intolerance at easter time

EASTER time is when we GI people feel a bit sad, and more than likely not for the religious reason, but sad (some might say even morose) because we can’t celebrate Easter Sunday, with the traditional hot cross bun with lashings of butter and honey.

BUT I do have some good news on that front, because sick of feeling left out when my husband gleefully toasted his buns for breakfast I determined to make my own Gf buns and it worked. I’ve added it to my cook book, but can tell you here that basically it’s a matter of using packet Gf bread mixture, along with a bit of ingenuity I gleaned from my master baker father when he was alive.

I have to say it was worth the effort, as they toasted beautifully. Feeling rather jubilant I then proceeded to make up a batch of GF bread rolls which I ate last night. Once a week in our house we enjoy naughty but nice food, and tofu hamburgers is our weak point.

But like the hot cross buns I usually have to make do with 2 slices of GF bread instead of the REAL hamburger rolls my husband enjoys. Not so last night this time my hamburger looked like his. A REAL PLUS for GI people I must say.

Bye for now Isi Keller.

No comments:

Post a Comment